Python Developer REMOTE
What will you be doing as a Python Developer?
- Working across the full development lifecycle and covering Application Support, Development and System Improvements.
- Working in Agile environment using Scrum methodology
- Designing and developing Web Services
- Interpreting software needs and developing concept and final solutions to meet their objectives.
- Thinking creatively to bring new ideas and concepts to the existing application.
- Estimating the time required to complete work, providing the finished items inline with the original estimate.
- Working independently or as part of a development team to fulfil the business needs and objectives.
- Presenting ideas and concepts to the Software Manager and the development team.
- Ensuring quality delivery of software including creating documentation and completing testing and code reviews where needed.
What experience/skills/attributes do you need?
- Degree in a Computing related subject
- Excellent academic background
- Experience with Python and the Django framework.
- Exposure to Database technologies, Postgres, Oracle, MySQL.
- Commercial experience
- Experience developing a single page application using AJAX and JSON.
- Linux Sysadmin skills
- Experience developing mobile applications for iOS and/or Android platforms.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Configuration Control and change management systems (e.g. Jenkins, Mercurial, Jira).
- The ability to confidently construct viable project plans/documentation and report to managers.
- Experience of Agile development using Scrum methodology.
- Fluency in a second language is desirable but not essential.
- Self-motivated and independent with the ability to "hit the ground running".
- Ability to work across the full development lifecycle either individually or part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills and able to present information to management.
- High level of creativity with a pragmatic outlook.
- Enthusiasm to improve techniques and implement appropriate new technologies.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to prioritise workload to help maximise company performance and profitability
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm to improve techniques and implement appropriate new technologies.
What benefits do we offer?
- Excellent training and coaching.
- Opportunities for ongoing development and progression.
- Life assurance.
- Annual Bonus.
- Flexible Working.
- Brand new head office with onsite cafe and gym in Crewe!
- Local and online discounts including corporate gym membership and discounted restaurants.
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing with each year of service to a maximum of 25 days).
- Service Awards at 5, 10 and 20 years.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to Work.
- Company sick pay.