Requisition ID: 16135
At Collins Aerospace, we?re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry ? all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies ? Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems ? we?re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This position is responsible for performing assignments requiring service of Collins avionics, avionics systems, telecommunications or computer equipment and systems. The primary functions are to direct or perform; installation, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and system test and training on site as required in accordance with Collins and customer requirements. The position can additionally be tasked with planning and implementing interfaces between Collins and Non-Collins equipment. May be required to act as on site lead for major field installation or modification programs. Services are performed using Collins approved methods and workmanship standards to ensure optimum equipment operation and customer satisfaction. The Customer Service Engineer (CSE) supports equipment and systems of high complexity and advanced technology. Competence is required in utilizing developmental techniques for experimental or prototype equipment and during configuration changes in customer systems including interface with Collins and/or Non-Collins equipment.
- Provide technical support to field engineers, technicians and product support who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, and/or complex software not related to information technology.
- Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment. Normally receives little instructions on day to day work, general instructions on new assignments. Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Conducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies. Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-orientated position.
- Responds to situations where second-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution.
- Involved in planning and preparing customer installation and training. Prepares, provide approval and validation of product support documentation. Prepare on-site installation drawings where modifications have been performed.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
- Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
Requires US Citizenship
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form ? with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance ?and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that?s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.