Systems Support Engineer - Remote, Telecommuting, Virtual (Work From Home)
Gaggle has been providing online safety solutions to the K-12 market since 1999. Our focus is, and always has been, on student safety so educators can have the confidence to allow learners to take advantage of current technology for communication, collaboration and learning. Our technology analyzes unstructured data created by students (email, documents, chats, images, video, etc.) for the purpose of identifying child abuse, bullying, suicide and other serious concerns that affect today's youth.
We are looking for a senior Systems Support Engineer (SSE) to help customers implement Gaggle's cloud-based services for school districts, other large customers, and also provide Tier III support to our Customer Service Team. This position is all about integrating systems and troubleshooting IT related issues with our customers and Gaggle's services. As Gaggle continues to grow, our team is being tasked with building automation and scripting tools to help improve internal efficiency. This position will play an integral role in the development of those tools.
This is a customer-facing role and requires good communication skills, both written and via phone.
· Three - five years' experience supporting mail systems such as G Suite, Office 365, Exchange, Groupwise and others
· One - two years' experience with scripting languages; Python and Bash are a must, Perl experience preferred
· One - two years' experience AngularJS and nginx
· One - two years' experience with Version control systems (git, cvs, etc.)
· High-speed internet connection
· Knowledge of firewalls, security solutions, and content filters; best practices for implementation as well as the ability to troubleshoot them when trying to Integrate 3rd party products
· One - two years' experience with AWS and Docker
· Ability to create basic SQL statements
· Basic knowledge of troubleshooting a network infrastructure (servers, routers, switches, cabling, workstations, etc.)
· Single Sign On protocols and their implementations with external systems (Active Directory, ADFS, SAML, eDirectory)
· Monitor/troubleshoot/diagnose issues with Gaggle Services and integration into 3rd party products
· Work with Customer Service to implement new services and help diagnose customer issues brought to the SSE team
· Work with other technical teams to resolve issues or aid in the setup of services internally
· Help identify inefficiencies and design novel solutions to fix problems, not only for our team but other teams as well
· Improve our internal tools for automation to reduce errors
· Migrate data from 3rd party systems or disk to Gaggle or to other systems (Office 365/Google/etc.)
This is a virtual (work from home), Monday - Friday position with minimal travel (for approximately two weeks out of the year, the candidate will need to travel to the corporate office in Bloomington, IL). The role requires sedentary and/or light-duty work as well as high visual acuity; candidates must be able to work for up to eight hours a day while looking at a computer screen, reading material on a computer screen and possibly sitting for long periods of time. Candidates must be able and willing to answer phone calls in a professional and courteous manner during the work day.
Qualified candidates will be considered on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Please send your resume and cover letter to in order to be considered for the role.
Company Description Gaggle is an entrepreneurial-driven, privately-held company based in Bloomington, IL. Nearly half of our employees are remote-working from home offices across the country. Gagglers work hard, play hard and are committed to a mission of student safety. We believe that strong core values are the foundation for creating an environment that benefits and enriches our customers and all employees.
Innovation over perfection.
Hire exceptional people and let them do their jobs.
Listen more than you talk.
Work hard, make it better.
Treat people well.
Provide great customer service even if it doesn't make financial sense.
Guard the company treasure. Argh!