We are building v1 greenfield solutions that have established our company as the leading Data Warehouse as a Service, Advanced Analytics as a Service, and Data Lake as a Service provider in the world. We've assembled a leading team of technologists that leverage technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, AWS/OpenStack, HashiCorp tools (Vagrant, Packer), Ansible etc in one of the largest deployments in the world.
• You must be able to design, develop, document and implement software leveraging agile and CI/CD methodologies.
• Comfortable in a team environment that is highly collaborative and places strong emphasis on peer review.
• You are able to engineer applications and web services that can run in the cloud, on premise or in hybrid environments.
• You have a strong passion for developing incredibly simple yet highly functional interfaces.
• You have experience with infrastructure virtualization technology including Mesos and Kubernetes.
• You have experience with container based technology, specifically Docker.
• You must have experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies and can leverage them to develop new products / solutions.
• You are knowledgeable with open source tools and technologies and can use / extend them where appropriate to develop solutions.
- BS with 8+ years of related experience or US Master's with 6 years of experience
• Agile (Scrum, Kanban, Lean) and Test Driven Development
• Building SOA based systems a must.
• Building and/or leveraging distributed systems.
• Big Data - Hadoop (HDFS, YARN) and Kafka experience a plus.
• RDBMS (MySQL, PosgreSQL, etc,) and SQL.
• RESTful API development.
• Public Cloud - AWS, Private Cloud - Openstack, VMWare.
• Containerization technology - Docker.
• Virtualizaiton software - Mesos.
• Building and leveraging CI/CD pipelines.
• Build tools - Gradle, Maven, make.
• Continuous Integration solutions such as Jenkins, TeamCity or Bamboo.
• CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Travis CI.
Company Description You're the definition of a true technologist. You use words like INVENT, INNOVATE and DISRUPT. You get excited not about today's technology, but the future of Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Robotics and Applied Sciences. Verticalmove is responsible for building what could be the coolest innovation lab in Seattle, perhaps in the entire United States. Founded and financed by a Fortune 100 brand that produces more than $50.0 billion in revenue, and produces $5.0 billion in annual profit, there is no shortage of funding.
Here are some of the exciting technologies that you'll get to work with:
• Artificial Intelligence
• HoloLens (AR/VR)
• 3D Printing