- Performs assigned programming tasks related to new development or maintenance on assigned websites or applications with minimal direction.
- Analyzes user needs and impact to other site areas to determine technical requirements of assigned tasks.
- Promotes strong quality practices by performing unit testing and providing appropriate level of support for user acceptance testing, as needed.
- Maintains accurate technical documentation for assigned programming projects.
- Acts as a support resource for the technical support staff to ensure that customer-reported issues are being addressed in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Performs lead developer role on large projects.
- Coordinates technical implementations and interfaces with Website and Database Administrators to maintain optimal server configuration, database accuracy/integrity and for coordination of staging and production moves.
- Serves as a mentor to other technical staff to enhance their productivity and contributions to the team.
- Participates in long-range planning and makes recommendations regarding technical architecture and department improvements.
- Communicates with third party vendors, end users, customers and internal product stakeholders on systems requirements, enhancements and recommendations to support business direction.
- Develops and maintains a solid understanding of the technology tools and trends and remains current in new technology developments and their potential impact on the department.
Education: - Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or technology-related required. - In lieu of the Bachelor's degree, an Associate's degree in a Computer Science or technology-related field combined with two years of additional related experience may be considered. Experience: - 6+ years of progressive experience in analysis, technical design, coding and testing of web-based applications. - 3+ years experience working full stack with Microsoft development tools, including C#, ASP. NET MVC and SQL Server. - Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). - Previous experience mentoring others on technical issues. Other Requirements: - Systems analysis and design skills. - Strong problem solving skills. - Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical and non-technical issues with customers, vendors and product stakeholders at various levels. Physical Requirements
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for extended periods of time. Frequent travel to offsite offices, customer sites and/or industry and training events may also be required, depending on assignment.