WalletHub is a high-growth fintech company based in Washington, D.C. that is seeking hardworking, like-minded individuals to help us reshape personal finance and make a tangible difference in people's everyday lives. Our fast-paced environment and can do attitude have already earned us several prestigious awards including the Gold Stevie for best financial services website from the American Business Awards and a gold medal as one of the products of the year from the Consumer World Awards.
More specifically, we are harnessing the power of data analytics and artificial intelligence to build the brain of a smart financial advisor, whose services we’re offering to everyone for free. The WalletHub brain enables users to make better financial decisions in a fraction of the time with three unique features:
In addition to the valuable intelligence the brain provides, WalletHub is the first and only service to offer free credit scores and full credit reports that are updated on a daily basis absent of user interaction, rather than weekly or monthly and only when a user logs in. Some other services hang their hats on free credit scores and reports, yet they’re still inferior to what WalletHub considers minor pieces to a much larger puzzle.
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure and be the on-call for production servers
- Develop security monitoring and other tools to ensure the integrity and availability of our applications, server resources, reviewing system and application logs
- Work with the incident team to diagnose and recover from hardware or software failures working with or as the Incident Commander to coordinate and communicate with our internal customers
- Assist project teams with technical issues during development efforts
- Gather system requirements and support several project teams in evolving, testing and rolling-out new products and services, then transitioning the site or product to post launch operations activities throughout life of the product or service
- Work with the application development team and other systems engineers to make improvements to current infrastructure
- Document processes and procedures and follow a formal change management procedure
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years’ experience administering UNIX/Linux server required or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with Apache, Tomcat and any other Java application servers and relational database servers like MySQL (LAMP experience is highly preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in supporting AWS based production infrastructure
- Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, tripwire, aide etc and other custom monitoring tools
- Experience with configuring and securing mission critical production servers
- Experience with configuring load balancers and data
- Experience in Shell Scripting or Perl, with experience implementing automation and monitoring using shell scripting
- Experience in analysis and system performance tuning
- Must have critical thinking skills in a complex IT environment to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems without direction.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
To get our attention, all you need to do is send us a resume. If we believe that you will be a good match, we'll contact you to arrange the next steps. You can Easy Apply here or email your application to email@example.com