MetaCommunications is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Software Engineer (Frontend/Fullstack) to provide software engineering leadership and support using cutting edge technologies to support growing client needs. Lead a team of developers to build scalable, full stack Cloud–based offerings. Keep up–to–date with technical trends in the industry and evangelize the adoption of new technologies in solution architectures. Maintain responsibility for personal and team goals, give adequate direction to junior developers, and perform peer code reviews. Work extensively with business analysts and UX engineers to deliver world class solutions for clients.
Our Technology Stack:
· React / Redux
· React Saga, ES 6 Decorators, Async / Await
· Material UI, Bootstrap, Foundation
*About MetaCommunications: *
At MetaCommunications, we make the productivity and workflow management solutions trusted by the world’s top marketing teams to deliver amazing creative work. We’re driving to innovate and we’re always looking for talented, enthusiastic new colleagues to help us change the way marketers work. Headquartered in vibrant Iowa City, IA, our customers include brands such as Ralph Lauren, T.J. Maxx, Mercedes-Benz and Pfizer.
Our Meta team members are committed to innovation, flexibility, and collaboration. We rely on a functional organization format where managers are responsible for particular company functions while also working as team players to support other functions. We strive to continually improve our products and services with convenience, security, and reliability for the customer as our key goals. Our team members are expected to be versatile, flexible, energetic team players.
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Meta team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven and support flexible schedules when needed.
MetaCommunications has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, energetic, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.
| | | | |
*Role Summary: *
MetaCommunications is a leader in providing innovative project management software for the world’s best creative teams. Our mission is simple: to build great products that make the best creative teams as productive as possible.
Individuals who succeed in this position are exceptional at sharing information, enthusiastic, learn quickly and seek opportunities for developing themselves and the team around them. We’re looking for someone who isn’t scared of the unknown and likes pushing the envelope. No day will look the same, but you will always be expected to rise to the occasion and overcome challenges.
| | | | |
*If you join our team, you will: *
● Work with a high performing team to deliver solutions for some of the world’s top brands
● Assist Business Analysts in architecting and specifying customer solutions
● Work closely with our Professional Services team to provide excellent service to our customers
● Work with our custom SDK to design and implement business logic for our customers
● Work with our extensible XML schema to implement customized forms & layouts
● Grow in your knowledge of business processes as you see how some of the world’s top brands operate their creative and marketing teams
| | | | |
*Need to have: *
· 2+ years of experience with software development
· 1+ years of experience with React.js and Redux
· Experience with Agile development methods, including TDD, CI, or automated testing
· Git, Gitflow, d
· BA or BS degree
· Experience with CSS pre–processor, including LESS or SASS
· Experience with server-side technologies- Node.js, .Net Core
· Experience with issue tracking and change control tools, Team Services, YouTrack, or Jira
· Experience with building and consuming REST APIs
· Experience with relational database systems, including PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or MySQL
· Experience with technical document writing
· Knowledge of IaaS Cloud hosting solutions, including AWS or Azure
· Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
*Nice to have: *
● Knowledge of web technologies
● Experience with relational databases and T-SQL
● Experience working with a team of developers on software applications
| | | | |
We’re a fun team. We build awesome products, solve hard problems and keep a good life balance. Our culture is one of our biggest strengths. In our company, people treat each other with respect and compassion, and together cultivate a culture of team-work, learning, accountability, and fun. There’s a commitment to understanding the whole person, helping to create a shared, unquestioning environment.
Why work at Meta? We LOVE ….
· Located in the heart of beautiful downtown Iowa City
· Great view of the Ped Mall
· Natural light everywhere!
· Farmer’s Market Wednesday
· Inside bike racks
· Numerous downtown restaurants/eateries to choose from
· The community feeling
· We are passionate about what we do
· We collaborate to identify solutions to problems
· We challenge each other to become better
· A great mix of cultures and backgrounds
· We hang out outside of work hours
· Very smart colleagues who want to solve customer issues using an innovative technology solution
· Diverse hobbies and backgrounds …. Continuous learning
· Networking up and out
· Our management team is not only very accessible, but they are fun to be around … and they value our opinions and are very supportive of what we do
· Ability to work directly with our customers at Fortune 500 companies
· Opportunity to see the software through the customer lens
· Exciting technology
· Exposure to many different subjects
· Environment allows you to quickly learn how software is developed, deployed and maintained
· Fast-paced environment with new challenges at every turn
· Opportunities to learn and grow into new roles
· Our products enable people work smarter, not harder
· Downtown Iowa City parking