Dignity Health, one of the nation's largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs. For more information, please visit our website at . You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook .
The Solution Architect III role is to provide technology leadership for designing, developing, integrating, and supporting Dignity Health Technology Services. This role will be responsible for the Architecture of Cisco Call Manger and all underlying infrastructure for the Dignity Health Enterprise. The Solution Architect III will:
- Accountable all architecture, standards, compliance, design, and delivery of the Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Connections, and all underlying Cisco UC infrastructure
- Drive successful solution adoption from technology planning, investment decisions, implementation to ongoing operational support for several, highly complex platforms or portfolios
- Identify and accelerate the elimination of applications and infrastructure which are not Invest platforms
- Be responsible for improving the availability, security, compliance, interoperability, performance, and technology cost of assigned portfolios/platforms
- Qualified candidates must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills. They must be change advocates and innovators, quick learners, results-oriented, and creators of compelling technology roadmaps. LSAs must seek out and synthesize IT and healthcare trends into multi-year technology investment plans. Mentoring and influencing others in a matrixed team environment is critical to success.
- Create, implement, and support IT portfolios and platforms which accelerate the transformation of Technology Services as a key enabler to Dignity Health's growth strategy and fulfillment of Dignity Health's mission.
- Act as the Dignity Health Technology Services champion with internal and external stakeholders regarding security, compliance, feature and product roadmaps, remediation, and service level agreements.
- Lead, mentor, and coach Solution Architects I & II to build their skills and readiness in technology, portfolio, and platform responsibilities.
- Lead focused proof-of-concept activities for technology assessments, communicate findings, develop portfolio roadmaps, investment prioritization, and successful implementation and adoption.
- Be known as the subject matter expert for their portfolios/platforms and actively collaborate with other Solution Architects on IT standards, innovation and integration opportunities to enable new value chains and business efficiencies.
- Act as the IT standards owner for several technology, platform, or portfolio domains and facilitate a collaborative process to establish, gain consensus, and communicate R&D, Invest, and Disinvest product roadmaps
- Drive adherence to IT strategy and IT standards in design processes for 3rd party services, products acquired, internal services, integrated hosted solutions, and hardware/software vendors.
- Ensure that portfolio/platform performance meets or exceeds operational metrics for scalability, security, compliance, performance and quality in accordance with negotiated service level agreements. Guide business owners and Technology Services teams to ensure the consistency of their components to the overall business capability, IT product architecture, and IT roadmaps
- Create solutions that drive progress toward approved standards and reduce the number of exceptions by proactive roadmap and investment prioritization with business and IT owners
- Lead IT portfolio/platform maturity by driving the technical aspects of the acquired and developed products by applying industry best practices and technical due diligence.
- Proactively develop an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the solution domain to implement the most current and relevant solutions.
- Proactively drive the assessment and resolution of software, hardware, or process defects discovered throughout the pre-launch, post-launch, and quality review processes.
- Ensure that financial planning and controls for IT portfolio/platform decisions provide a return on investment, cost savings, performance improvement and clearly link to the defined business strategy.
Minimum Qualifications: - Expert level experience in Cisco Unified Communications platforms. Primary focus on Call Manager, Call Manager Express, and Unity Connections - Proven experience in large scale implementation of Cisco Unified Communications in an enterprise environment(s). - Proven experience in architecture and design of Cisco Unified Communications Platforms - Expertise in SIP protocol and Telecommunication Carrier management - Expertise in several technical domains (i.e. network, infrastructure, network security) - Expertise in systems integration with Cisco Call Manager (i.e. Nurse call, House Paging, SIP integrations) - Strong time management and multi-tasking skills - Strong Documenting and Documentation creation skills - Ability to travel on a limited basis and work varied or non-business hours - Participation in on-call rotations and working at a "hands on" level with Tier 3 technical support teams - Career and technical progression from hand-on support, development, design, and architecture to portfolio-level responsibilities including standards, strategy, product and capability roadmaps - Demonstrated leadership driving technology solutions from design through implementation thru a flexible staffing model which leverages cross-functional teams comprised of employees, vendors, outsource partners, and contractors across multiple locations - Proven ability to drive complex technical solutions which may include both legacy and converging technology use at an enterprise level and business process change through education and partnership with stakeholders - Demonstrated success in architecting large-scale and long-term technology transformation - Proven ability to conduct research and direct technical evaluations of IT issues and products - Deep awareness and understanding of emerging trends and technologies in IT and Healthcare - Proven ability thru experience to diagnose complex technical problems in a multi-layered enterprise solution environment encompassing both vendor and custom built solutions - Deep knowledge of information, software and technology infrastructure management principles, methods, standards, and techniques - Communication and presentation skills appropriate for executive and 'C' level interaction - Relentless pursuit of service excellence at both project and operational levels - Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with operational/production leadership as well as strategic planners Demonstrated domain specific knowledge in multiple technologies is preferred, including but not limited to: - Cisco Call Manger - Cisco Unity Connections - Cisco Call Control - Cisco Emergency Responder - ISI - Infortel Select - Call accounting - Cisco Contact Center Enterprise Preferred Qualifications: - CCIE (Ciscof Certified Internet Expert) in Voice - Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, software engineering, hardware engineering, or relevant degree is preferred - Ten (10) or more years of experience in technology solutions architecture, engineering, technical infrastructure, or technical operations is preferred - One or more years of experience in the healthcare or medical industry (optional) - Experience with Cisco TMS, VCS (Telepresence) - Experience with Cisco Telepresence Management - Experience with Cisco Collaboration products (SPARK, Jabber, WebEx) ~dice~