Reactive Java Developer (Remote United States)
At Railroad19, we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services.
We are currently seeking a Reactive Java Developer that is fluent in both Spring Boot and Java 8 to be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Successful developers are expected to develop highly available, fault tolerant, reactive microservices. They are expected to adhere to our software development life-cycle processes to create high quality and reliable software systems.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time ( NO - contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Leading and participating in the analysis, design and development of client/server business applications
- Developing client/server applications with RESTful reactive microservices
- Deep understanding of AWS services and server less technology
- Deep understanding of reactive patterns and frameworks
- Strong understanding of design patterns specifically Event Sourcing, CQRS and Sagas
- Strong understanding of messaging and messaging design patterns
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration tools
- In-depth practical of knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, Aurora)
- In-depth knowledge of NoSQL data stores (Redis, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Support service scheduled maintenance, performance tuning, and monitoring
- Provide feasibility reviews for potential new projects, including development effort estimates
- Build applications to agreed-upon specifications within the required timeframe and budget
- Conduct peer-reviews of application code, ensuring that all code complies with team standards
- Work with Project Management and Quality Assurance to identify and address reported issues quickly and effectively
Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of Object-Oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C# or Objective-C
- 5+ years of experience with Java, including knowledge of Object Oriented Programming fundamentals
- Experience with AWS and server less technology
- Strong Experience with reactive microservice patterns
- Experience with Reactive frameworks such as RxJava, Akka, Vertx, Spring 5
- Strong expertise in Spring frameworks
- Strong expertise with NoSQL databases such as Redis, Cassandra, DynamoDB
- Experience with persistent messaging, streaming data pipelines such as Kafka
- Strong RDBMS / SQL knowledge including the ability to author queries / views / stored procedures, and to analyze query performance required
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with automated testing of code including Unit, Integration and API contract Testing
- Experience, understanding and knowledge of digital and broadcast production software systems
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience working in an on-air broadcast environment
- Familiarity with continuous integration practices
- Docker, Kubernetes experience a plus
- BS in CS, EE or equivalent experience required
No Agencies* * *