The Sr. Systems Engineer ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of in-house information systems that support the core organizational functions. This role will perform research, analysis, design, creation, and implementation of systems to meet current and future user requirements. The candidate will be immersed in the elements of development, design, integration, operation, and support of database platform services. S/he will work with operational, application and engineering experts to develop, implement and maintain services, monitoring, reporting, tuning and new automation functionalities for comprehensive solutions that meet and/or exceed application requirement. Primary functions include troubleshooting database issues, completion of requests, lifecycle management, capacity, health and performance management, continuous service improvement, business and technical analyses, reporting and project management. S/he will support infrastructure in a hybrid RDBMS and NoSQL environment and work efficiently with our technology providers as well as other engineering, application, and operations teams.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering or computer science discipline and/or equivalent experience/certification
- 8+ years' experience in information technology administrating and supporting database platforms (Examples: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Couchbase, Cassandra, DB2 - UDB/LUW)
- 5+ years of experience working with RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems) platforms
- Experience in the design, implementation or operational support of mission critical solutions in large scale environments and organizations
- Demonstrated experience delivering technology solutions in a fast-paced, deadline driven enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience learning and applying new technologies to solve business needs
- Excellent problem-solving skills working independently and through leading outcomes for cross functional teams
- Excellent understanding of change management, testing requirements, techniques, and tools to ensure high availability of systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders and IT teams
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities
- Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products
- Strong knowledge of emerging tools, software, applications, and systems for attaining best-in-class IT technology across the enterprise
- 10+ years' experience supporting multiple database platforms at an enterprise scale
- 3+ years' experience supporting NoSQL platforms (Examples: Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- 5+ Experience with database architecture design and engineering
- 5+ Experience with SQL development (Example: PL/SQL, T-SQL, N1QL, PL/pgSQL, SQL/PSM, SQL PL)
- Experience in Database Management Tools such as OEM, Precise, Couchbase WebUI / CLI, SQL Server Admin Studio, PGAdmin, MySQL Workbench
- Experience with Linux, Unix and Windows Operating Systems and networking
- Familiar with IT automation engines that enable database provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration and other IT needs; familiar with virtualization and container technologies (Example: VMWare, Docker, OSE)
- One or more Technical Certifications from Oracle, Microsoft, Open Source Platforms, etc.
We're a consulting and recruiting services firm that takes a personalized approach to solving each client's critical needs. We offer customized, scalable solutions to meet your talent acquisition needs; either through on-site recruiting, talent acquisition, or short-term/longer-term fully outsourced solutions.
Hiring the "Right" talent is the backbone to every company's success. At Meliora Talent we are dedicated to finding the most highly qualified candidates to full your most mission critical needs.
WE CHOSE THE NAME MELIORA TALENT (MEANING "EVER BETTER"), BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IN PROVIDING THE VERY BEST EXPERIENCE TO THE CLIENTS WE PARTNER WITH, AND THE CANDIDATES WE REPRESENT.