Freelance Designer for studio that works with nonprofits
Minds On Design Lab is a digital and design team located in Brooklyn, NY that serves as partners to nonprofit organizations. The organizations we work for inspire us everyday with their commitment to making an impact for those they serve. We are thankful and grateful to work with such great clients and are excited to expand our team to continue to offer a high quality service. As a small and effective team, every member, including our freelance support, is critical.
We are looking for a freelance designer to hire on a per project basis. This is a remote position, however if you are near NYC and available for occasional on-site meetings that is ideal.
In the past 6 months our design team has worked on the following:
- Created digital design concepts that support our Client’s organizational and project goals
- Participated in strategy as it relates to design (i.e. providing feedback on wireframes and site outlines)
- Website production including adapting designs to work well responsively, rolling out and preparing several pages for hand off to developers
- Designed print materials for events and marketing materials
- Logo design and style guide development
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Self motivated learner who is passionate about design.
- Ever-developing understanding of the capabilities and limitations of latest web technologies and how that relates to design.
- Understanding of what makes a good user experience
- Reliable, able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work with a small team
- Can work collaboratively with and can take direction from an Art Director
- Experience with direct communication with clients and vendors
- Knowledge of print production (ability to prepare files for printing) is a plus
- At least 3 years of design experience
- Can produce highly polished digital designs (including small and large scale sites)
- Proficient in Sketch and the Adobe design suite including Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat
- Front end HTML and CSS coding experience a plus
- Print design capabilities are a big plus
To apply: please include ALL of the following:
Please send us your resume, a link to your online portfolio, and your hourly rate. Tell us why you would be a good fit for our team.