As a remote Tax Expert, you will play an important role in delivering a delightful experience that unlocks every tax advantage for our customers by leveraging your tax expertise and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. You will help TaxAct customers confidently file their taxes by providing expert guidance and advice, reviewing tax calculations, and clarifying questions within the online software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This is a seasonal, virtual, customer-facing role. To perform this role successfully, Tax Experts must be able to satisfactorily execute each essential duty:
- Help customers understand, in everyday language, how tax rules apply to their specific filing situation.
- Use discretion and professional judgement to understand which topics may be out of scope.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer inquiries utilizing defined processes and procedures.
- Conduct tax research leveraging trustworthy sources to ensure the customer is receiving accurate information.
- Identify appropriate data entry points for various forms and tax documents.
- Use the equipment and applications provided to interact with customers.
EXPERIENCE AND CREDENTIALS
- Three (3) or more years of experience preparing federal individual income tax returns.
- Must have a valid PTIN and one of the following active credentials: Enrolled Agent (EA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or practicing tax attorney. May also accept IRS Annual Filing Season Program participants with a Record of Completion.
- Must be tech savvy and have experience with online tax software.
- Proven experience conducting tax research leveraging trustworthy sources.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Already have job? That's OK because this is a seasonal, part-time position. Compensation will be paid hourly with potential for an end-of-season performance-based bonus.
Any advice provided to TaxAct customers as part of this role is separate and distinct from any work done through another tax preparation firm. This role should in no way be a means to provide business leads into applicant's activities outside of this position.