Summary / Description Position Summary:
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Field Service Site Lead to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems. This position will allow remote work with up to 25% travel.
Responsible for the support of all field operations including management of field sites, staff, and customer support; coordinate with PMO staff on changes, incident resolution, and other support tasks; manage customer support in the field to include management of local desktop staff and other infrastructure support staff; ensure timely, accurate, and complete assistance to users in the areas of PC support, desktop applications, printers, and tablets according to set Service Level Agreements and IT procedures; monitor operations and escalations of service requests to various tier III support teams, application development, business units, and PMO when appropriate; provide strong leadership and management for a diverse team, including recruitment, training and development, disciplinary matters and appraisals; function as the principle representative of the end-user community and represents its views and changing needs; implement applicable industry best practice support model; oversee desktop support problem resolutions to identify trends or problem support areas and ensures that support procedures are being followed; establish and manage procedures to ensure effective support coordination between IT Service Desk (Tier 1), Tier 2, and Tier 3 resources; responsible for the development and delivery of ITIL-based service reporting and trending for management covering all processes, especially availability, reliability and incident management
- Lead and provide Tier 2 "touch labor" Field Services support to fulfill service requests, resolve incidents, acting as the local face of the Service Desk. This includes projects, IMACs, coordinating hardware break/fix, sparing of desktop and infrastructure, validating configuration items, updating the configuration management database, and knowledge base articles
- Cross-train Tier 2 Field Service technicians to support VTC and cable services
- Be accountable for successful Incident/Problem Management and Service Request Management enablement and resolution
- Ensure that the day to day field services operations meet SLA's and issues are proactively addressed
- Work closely with peers across IT Operations to provide world class services to our clients
- Demonstrate depth of technical acumen, communication skills and an understanding of both business and IT priorities
- Understand the technical landscape of the environment and be able to define direction based on sound technical knowledge
- Clearly communicate with internal business owners and external partners
Participate in technical bridge callsRequirementsEducation / Certification / Security Clearance Requirements
Desired Skills/Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 5 years IT field services experience or
- Associate's degree or equivalent with 8 years IT field services experience
- Excellent oral and written skills, with an ability to understand and predict customer behavior and response to communication
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Understanding of network infrastructure concepts, computer operating systems and familiarity with Microsoft products
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency, and ease
- Possess proficient analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities and patterns
- Proven management skills, leadership, initiative, and creativity
- Secret Clearance
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
About Unisys Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
- Help/Service Desk experience and/or certification
- Knowledge of ServiceNow or equivalent platforms for IT Service Management and Delivery
- PC Desktop and Security qualifications like CompTIA A+ or Security+
- Network environments and equipment such as Cisco or equivalent technologies
- Mobile communications and Video-Teleconferencing
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you'll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government's critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics. Unisys
is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- provided by Dice