Minimum Required Skills: Python, AWS, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, Snowflake, Data Management, Data Ingestion, Data Processing
If you are a (Remote) Data Engineer with experience, please read on!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Exciting startup - Diversity of programming languages, technologies, and fun stuff to get into - Monthly hack days - Health, Dental, and Vision benefits - 21 days PTO + separate sick day quota - 401K plan- Internal growth
What You Will Be Doing
- Extend our analytics pipeline to help revolutionize the enterprise IoT ecosystem - Help us slice and dice the data in meaningful ways by extending our current pipeline and extending it for the future - Work with Python (3.6/3.7) & serverless architectures on AWS (kinesis, lambda, s3) using Snowflake as the big data DB - Think lots of data points in the typical IoT sensor story from all around the world getting written to a pipeline where we transform/massage/store it, but needs to be resilient to failures and will be written to at a decent velocity - Build out and optimize existing data pipelines for future data science folks and consumers - Be involved with the business cases that stakeholders and the commercial team put forth (I.E., correlating power measurements to cost tables and/or deriving kilowatt/hour type stuff) - Expose/create query languages and concentrate on making analytics easy to consume/export - Immediate goals are to support the front end teams dashboarding capabilities, and this involves more breadth than anything
What You Need for this Position
- Modern Python (3.6/3.7) - AWS primitives for an event-based architecture - CI/CD, automation for infrastructure and code, and observability/instrumentation are first-class citizens - We work with embedded teams to create and maintain on-premise device connectivity to the Cloud and support various higher-level code functions on on-premise devices distributed around the world. We will be looking to do more edge processing of analytics data at these touchpoints.
- Previous experience providing robust and reliable data management techniques; massaging, optimizations for aggregating/reading performantly. - Familiar with developing solutions that scale to meet scenarios of high-velocity data ingestion and processing. - Be a core player in collaborations with the team(s) to identify new and useful ways to package and present data to clients - A deep understanding of distributed programming concepts and can identify the patterns necessary for a scalable, robust, and reliable service. - Ability to reason about performance benefits and tradeoffs in software and infrastructure design decisions as they relate to preventing data loss and recovering from failure. - Comfortable with contributing to a collaborative development environment both within the team and across the organization. We are true full-stack since we are from silicon to the cloud, so there are several teams with which to interact and collaborate. - Create and communicate tests that need to exist to prevent regressions and find performance bottlenecks. - Know what metrics need to be created or monitored to alert on abnormal operation and to aid in capacity/scale planning. - Desire to automate processes to keep the team moving efficiently and safely.
What's In It for You
- Generous comp + Internal growth - Health, Dental, and Vision benefits + 401K plan - 21 days PTO + separate sick day quotaSo, if you are a (Remote) Data Engineer with experience, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Security Clearance will be needed - therefore, Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.s can be considered.Please apply directly to by clicking 'Click Here to Apply' with your Word resume!
Looking forward to receiving your resume and going over the position in more detail with you.
- Not a fit for this position? Click the link at the bottom of this email to search all of our open positions.
Looking forward to receiving your resume!
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Copyright 1999 - 2020 . CyberCoders, Inc. All rights reserved. - provided by Dice