Vitality, 2nd Line Remote Support and Desktop Engineer, Croydon, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
In exchange for your hard work and commitment to Vitality in this 2nd Line Remote Support and Desktop Engineer role, we have designed a generous benefits package to reward our employees, this includes;
- Our award winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Vitality Partners and Rewards - Apple Watch, Ocado, Garmin, Champneys Spa days, half price gym memberships, Disney Store discounts to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 Days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more.
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions and awards - a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
As our 2nd Line Remote Support and Desktop Engineer you will act as part of the 2nd Line function that provides IT remote and site deskside technical support for Vitality users across the Group.
Core responsibilities will include resolving a variety of technical hardware, software, application and infrastructure issues, communicating with internal stakeholders, VIP's and external 3rd parties to drive issues to completion where appropriate. You will be accountable for identifying major and repeat incidents and raise Problem records accordingly along with full detail of diagnostics and investigation.
Responsibilities as our 2nd Line Remote Support and Desktop Engineer include:
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for applications, printers, computer hardware, telephony and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
- Be ambassadors for technology as the face of IT Services.
- Understand the needs and requirements of the business in order to provide excellent customer service to all areas within the business including the provision of VIP support to business executives and stakeholders.
- Being accountable as a site support engineer for a company user base extending to 1800 users on additional sites.
- Being instrumental in the creation of strong and effective relationships with business users.
- Attending Service Management meetings to represent and resolve operational escalations and priorities for both locally to the site and the extended business.
- Ensuring IT assets are managed appropriately across the Vitality group on a desktop, mobile & printing level for the site whilst providing feedback on enhancements to the desktop and wider IT function.
- Develop trends by monitoring and analysing incoming calls, problems and support requests.
- Working cross site with other Desktop Support Engineers to provide prompt and efficient service.
- Accurately record incidents using the relevant logging systems in a timely manner in accordance with agreed SLA's.
- Escalate issues as appropriate in accordance with published procedures.
Skills and Experience required of our 2nd Line Remote Support and Desktop Engineer:
- 5 GCSE's grade A-C or equivalent
- Previous Desktop Support experience
- Confident to deal with company Exec and wider audience
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Working well within a team environment but also working off your own initiative
- Exposure to Domain and Active directory environments
- Good knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office primarily windows 10 and Office 2016, O365 and InTune (MDM)
- Ability to logically troubleshoot and diagnose problems
- Ability to research and discover new solutions
- Demonstrable track record of delivering a consistently high level of telephone-based service
- Must display a positive attitude at all times and be customer focused
- Experience of working within deadlines and SLAs,
- Able to show a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks
- ITIL v2 or v3 Foundation Certificate
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Project & Visio
Working for Vitality as our 2nd Line Remote Support and Desktop Engineer you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best. We think work should be fun and sociable, and we want our people to get the most out of every day.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Friday 2nd August 2019
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our 2nd Line Remote Support and Desktop Engineer please click 'apply' today.