Linux Systems Administrator (Remote/Linux/AWS/Virtualization)
Aug 15, 2019
Minimum Required Skills: VMWare, XenServer, Amazon EC2 Public Cloud, Apache Cloud, Stack Private Cloud, Windows Servers, Linux Servers, Server Operating Systems, Automation
If you are a Systems Administrator looking for a solid position where you will work from a home, please read on! This position supports our internal systems and our SaaS Service. We offer a number of different opportunities to improve your skills and experience! We also deploy models and technologies that many engineers are very excited to be working with!!
We are using VMWare, XenServer, Amazon EC2 Public Cloud, Apache Cloud, Stack Private Cloud, Windows and Linux Servers. As your skills evolve and develop over time there will be advancing technologies to learn and become productive on.
This role will be done remotely, but we do need you to be local to Southern California.
In this role, you will manage, patch and upgrade systems infrastructure, and work within a Security and Compliance controlled environment. We are looking for a Systems Administrator who is comfortable in working with Data Center Hardware and Software Systems.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
1. Opportunity to work for an international company, looking to expand their US presence 2. Job growth, customer facing, highly technical and innovative position 3. INCREDIBLE benefits and perks
What You Will Be Doing
- Installing and configuring new Server Operating Systems and Applications, according to best practice and company guidelines - Monitoring and repairing Server Operating Systems and Applications - Performing Patch upgrades on Server Operating Systems and Applications - Maintaining Service Availability Targets - Maintaining Service Confidentiality and Integrity - Working with Engineers diagnosing and resolving issues in our production environment - Learning technologies to improve yourself and the capabilities of the Team - Looking for ways to improve the service availability and recovery times - Working on an On-Call Rota for out of Hours Cover - Working on designated tasks outside normal working hours as required by the role - Visiting Data Centers for installation, configuration and maintenance of computer hardware
What You Need for this Position
- BS/MS in technical field with 3-6 years of work experience - Perform Linux and Windows installations and configurations on these environments without help - You must be comfortable using a Virtualized Environment such as XenServer or VMWare - Have basic network knowledge of TCPIP, DNS, DHCP and VLANS, what they mean and their practical uses - You must have a good working knowledge of configuring and using Monitoring Systems We use Zabbix and CloudWatch - Understand the basic principles of ITIL, including Change Management, Problem Management and Incident Management - Tackle technical problem that we are facing in our Application and Infrastructure stack and restore service accordingly - Must have experience installing and maintaining server hardware, including racking, disk swapping and component replacement - Experience operating in a compliance and security monitored environment, we operate PCI DSS, SOC2, HIPAA and ISO 27001
What's In It for You
- Vacation/PTO - Medical - Dental - Vision - Bonus - 401k - Many more perks!So, if you are a Systems Administrator with all of the experience we are seeking, please apply today!!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.Please apply directly to by clicking 'Click Here to Apply' with your Word resume!
Looking forward to receiving your resume and going over the position in more detail with you.
- Not a fit for this position? Click the link at the bottom of this email to search all of our open positions.
Looking forward to receiving your resume!
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Copyright 1999 - 2019 . CyberCoders, Inc. All rights reserved. - provided by Dice