The Senior Director, Care Management Solutions
is responsible for leading a team of professionals with deep clinical transformation expertise through the financial and operational opportunity assessment and due diligence processes for potential client partners and overseeing implementation teams deployed to drive clinical transformation improvement initiatives. This position is responsible for leading engagements through both remote and onsite client work and serving as the coordination point across all functional teams including business operations, technology, human capital, legal, innovation and transformation teams. All leaders on the team are expected to be hands-on with project design, deliverable creation and implementation support for customers.
The role of the Care Management Solutions team is to complete assessments and detailed due diligence to identify financial and operational opportunities at potential clients, to support the broader Optum transformation partnership components, and to lead the delivery of clinical transformation improvement initiatives. There are also several projects associated with continuous improvement of our valuation methodology, product innovation needs and clinical transformation redesign methodologies based on process improvement and technology integration.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of managers and/ or experienced clinical transformation staff throughout due diligence and implementation
- Develops buy-in from key client leadership and maintains collaborative relationships
- Creates a trusted partner relationship with client executives and is seen as a partner in the successful design and implementation of the transformation partnership
- Develops clear and concise updates to senior leadership at the potential client site and within Optum
- Owns an end to end assessment, and full due diligence and implementation processes at a potential client site
- Supervises experienced clinical transformation staff from business units throughout Optum through the development and implementation of the clinical transformation opportunity at a potential client site
- Reviews problem areas identified and validates benefit estimates and financial models for potential clients
- Develops timelines and project plans for the completion of the assessment and full due diligence process
- Monitors progress toward key milestones and provides regular updates and escalates (as appropriate) to internal and external key stakeholders
- Completes the final draft of benefits based on high level assessment and full due diligence efforts, coordinates with key internal and external stakeholders to create buy-in and to obtain sign-off
- Serves as the primary day to day contact for a potential client, including reviewing the work of the experienced analysts and serving as the coordination point for the functional, products and transformation teams
- Participates in the development of sales materials in preparation for initial and ongoing client conversations
- Attends industry conferences and acts as a subject matter expert for Optum
- Presents to large groups well and has the ability to adjust message to audience (CEO, CMO, CFO and other system clinical leaders)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree obtained
- 10+ years of clinical transformation consulting or operational experience in a hospital setting
- 8+ years business development / client assessment experience
- Experience managing and leading others
- Experience presenting to C-Suite level professionals
- Experience managing through strategic shift or redirection
- Experience with Project Management e.g. managing multiple projects, people and constituents
- Ability to travel up to 80% domestically
- Methodology development experience
- Experience with Healthcare clinical operations (inpatient and ambulatory)
- Methodology development experience
Careers with Optum.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Health Administration
- Experience in hospital management and/or leading complex clinical transformation consulting engagements resulting in significant recurring financial benefit
- Experience developing clinical transformation methodologies and designing innovative solutions in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Successfulat navigating matrixed relationships andpartnerships
- Excellent analytical skills
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Director, Care Management Solutions, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Remote