Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world. In the last four years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
We are looking for a Magento Developer passionate about creating polished, highly performant, custom-built eCommerce solutions for a variety of clients. Your primary responsibility will be to develop new products based on the Magento platform, including building custom extensions, integrating open source extensions, and creating new Magento bids. To do this position, you must have a strong love for creating top quality Magento solutions that are user-friendly, scalable, and achieve innovative business goals.
By joining the Toptal network, you’ll have the opportunity to work on many client projects ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500s with teams of highly skilled experts from around the world.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Freedom to choose your own schedule and choose from a variety of hourly, part-time, and full-time projects.
- The ability to work from wherever you want. Whether you prefer traveling and working from exotic beaches or spending time with your family and working from home, the choice is yours.
- Access to a thriving, collaborative community of talented peers.
- Invitations to frequent Toptal events going on around the world, including dinners, tech talks, conferences, and more.
- Extremely competitive compensation.
- Develop customized, robust, and highly performant Magento-based eCommerce applications according to business requirements.
- Write custom Magento extensions, incorporate existing solutions from the Magento community, and extend existing solutions as needed to meet project requirements efficiently.
- Build scalable store catalogs according to Magento best practices, architecting the organization of products, categories, and attributes.
- Develop Magento-based systems for handling eCommerce sales orders, including efficiently storing and processing quotes, invoices, shipments, and credits.
- Build reusable, clean code with performance and simplicity in mind.
- Customize front-end Magento components to build storefronts that are clean, clear, and a delight to interact with.
- Maintain, build, and extend payment modules, extensions, and plugins.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Extensive experience building complex websites in PHP.
- Outstanding experience with building Magento-based eCommerce solutions, including an up-to-date understanding of the nuances and quirks of working with Magento.
- A deep understanding of object-oriented programming principles in PHP and of MVC best practices.
- Extensive experience with the architecture of extensions in Magento and the ability to work seamlessly with Magento’s fallback components and hierarchy of themes.
- Experience working with the configurations and features available in plain Magento.
- Basic understanding of PCI/PA-DSS compliance is a plus.
- Ability to use caching and other best practices to build scalable, highly performant eCommerce applications.
- Familiarity with Zurb Foundation and CSS preprocessors like Sass/Less.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.