Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world. In the last four years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
We are looking for senior Salesforce developers to be responsible for managing all aspects of Salesforce.com (SFDC) usage needs, including configuration, customization, and implementation of all applications and 3rd party integrations. You will be collaborating with project managers and engineering teams to meet delivery timelines for Salesforce requirements across a variety of industry contexts. You will be expected to work with business stakeholders to understand functional requirements and build processes for continuous improvement of solutions.
By joining the Toptal network, you’ll have the opportunity to work on many client projects, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500s, with teams of highly skilled experts from around the world.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Freedom to choose your own schedule and choose from a variety of hourly, part-time, and full-time projects.
- The ability to work from wherever you want. Whether you prefer traveling and working from exotic beaches or spending time with your family and working from home, the choice is yours.
- Access to a thriving, collaborative community of talented peers.
- Invitations to frequent Toptal events going on around the world, including dinners, tech talks, conferences, and more.
- Extremely competitive compensation.
- Design, develop, test, document, and deploy high quality business solutions on SFDC based on business needs and platform best practices.
- Implement improvements and build new functionality in SFDC applications.
- Support technical team members and business stakeholders in fixing SFDC issues as they arise.
- Handle SFDC administration needs, including creating new accounts, defining new custom objects, fields, and formulas, building and updating reports and dashboards, etc.
- Build and support configuration tasks, including data cleaning and data import jobs, APEX code and triggers, SOQL queries, system workflows, etc.
- Maintain high security standards for all data stored in Salesforce.com.
- Research SFDC integration issues and work closely with technical stakeholders to find solutions.
- Stay on top of Force.com technologies and trends and effectively communicate relevant insights to the rest of your team.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Extensive functional knowledge of Salesforce data structures and professional experience as an SFDC developer.
- Strong understanding of how Salesforce can be leveraged to meet complex business and reporting requirements.
- Strong experience with Visualforce, APEX programming, and Force.com APIs.
- Experience with database software and Platform as a Service solutions.
- A business-oriented, highly analytical mind with a knack for accounting for both complex business and technical considerations simultaneously.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written experience with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to assess ongoing processes critically and recommend creative, thoughtful operational improvements with an eye towards their technical ramifications.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.