This position is open to local applicants in San Francisco, CA or residents of the United States. Sorry, no international applicants at this time.
Why Work at Doximity?
Doximity is rewriting health care and is 6th fastest growing technology company in North America. Here's how clinicians use our products. For us, transparency is key, so ensuring your goals and values align with ours is also an important step. Take a look at how we Work at Doximity.
A Few Fun Facts About Us
- We deploy our applications to production on average 25 times per day.
- We have over 250 private repositories in Github, ranging from forks of gems, our own internal gems as well as auxiliary applications.
- Our production stack is hosted on AWS and QA clusters on DigitalOcean.
- Hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals will utilize the products you build.
- We host unstructured hack days periodically, which is time reserved for you to scratch a code itch.
- A couple times a year we run a co-op where you can pick a few people you'd like to work with and drive a specific company goal.
- Every new engineer ships code to production on day one. Our mentorship program ensures you're immersed in the team's culture early on.
- We embrace the distributed culture, with over half of our team spread out across multiple continents.
About the Technical Stack
Typical Daily Tasks
- Active involvement in design, implementation, and maintenance of the development, staging, and production infrastructure and services.
- Write Capistrano tasks to improve development/deployment workflow.
- Troubleshoot high-load, memory, cpu usage on servers.
- Work with developers to deploy applications ready for production (Terraform, Consul, Vault, Upstart, NGINX, Sensu). We believe in infrastructure as code and follow it.
- Write Chef cookbooks (using Berkshelf) to automate configuration management.
- Work with dedicated hosting providers to expand hardware allocation based on metric & trends (i.e. add disks based on disk space usage trend, etc).
- Setup deployment, backup, and restore strategies for MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis and other data-stores.
- Write and troubleshoot automation scripts.
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure.
- Participate in a 1-week on 4-week off, 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Hands on maintenance on our Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, and Go (golang) applications.
- Collaborate closely with developers to make sound infrastructure decisions and improve workflow.
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack: hardware, software, and network.
- Document current and future procedures, configuration and policies.
- Monitor and plan for capacity upgrades.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of solid Linux/UNIX systems engineer/administrator experience.
- Automation experience with configuration management tools such as Chef or Puppet.
- Proficient in bash shell scripting (sed + awk).
- Elasticsearch experience is a plus.
- Experience in running apps built in Ruby on Rails and Sinatra.
- Experience in deploying, configuring and maintaining NGINX.
- Experience automating application deployments with Capistrano (or Fabric).
- Ability to work in a proactive manner.
- Ability to self-manage and thrive in a no-red-tape environment.
- Experience in penetration testing / DDoS mitigation is a plus.
- Ruby experience is also a plus.
- Full medical, vision, dental for you and your family.
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives.
- 3+ weeks of vacation (another week off during the December Holidays)
- 401K and flexible spending accounts.
- Life insurance and disability insurance coverage.
- Brand new MacBook Pro.
- All-company trips in fun places like Beverly Hills, Lake Tahoe, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Doximity is the leading online medical network with over 50% of U.S. doctors as members. We have strong revenues, profits, real market traction, and we’re putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time. Launched by Jeff Tangney in 2011; Jeff previously founded healthcare pioneer Epocrates (NASDAQ: EPOC). Our beautiful offices are located in SoMa San Francisco.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.