Highly motivated with extensive project management experience and exceptional technical skills. Expert problem solver, focused on results, who will lead a team or work independently with little guidance. Level-headed business manner notably maintained during high profile, pressure situations. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
COBOL, CICS (Command Level), SOAP Services, CICS Inter-Region Communications, Intertest, VSAM, DB2, OS/JCL, TSO/ISPF, NDM, FTP, CA7, File Master, CAST tools, AFP, PDX, ITSM, Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Tesseract, SDF, Infoman, Change-man.
Provided hands-on support for Broadridge's Proxy mailing applications, Agenda Coding applications and NOBO business for both global and domestic clients. Performed Full Project Life Cycles complete with CMM compliance. Collaborated with our business partners to design on-line, batch and mainframe to web software solutions. Acted as an Individual Contributor in addition to leading a team of associates in the coding and implementation of new software applications and enhancements to existing applications, all stages of testing, time estimation, documentation and all levels of meetings. Ensured compliance with SDLC and CMM requirements. Expertly led associates in both the USA and India in a 24/365 environment. Managed relationships with business partners in USA, Canada, India and the UK. In addition, trained and mentored other associates in CICS and SOAP Services. Key projects included:
• SOAP Service API's to link the mainframe to the web in the redesign of both the Global Agenda Coding Application (GAC) and the Domestic Agenda Coding Application (DAC). The GAC and DAC are the systems used to create the proxy mailings that allow shareholders to vote on a corporation's issues and for a corporation's board of directors at annual general or shareholder meetings. Shareholders then use this information to cast their votes either in person or by proxy, which can be done online or by mail.
• SOAP Service API's and architecture design for the CICSPLEX conversion. With this project we converted the CICS portion of Broadridge's Proxy System from a single threaded environment to a fully load balanced CICSPLEX environment. This was done by creating multiple TOR's, AOR's and FOR's which enabled the load balancing. It was also necessary to convert programs with outdated mainframe to web links to SOAP Service API's.
• Creating and maintaining the Active Job Instructions System (AJIS), a Proxy Plus on-line system which allows Client Services and Search Card Entry to input mailing instructions to facilitate the printing and mailing of proxy and proxy-related materials.
• Creating and maintaining the Accelerated Mail Date and Enhanced Packaging System, an on-line system that allows Client Services to enter, maintain and track special mailing and packaging instructions for proxy mailings to high profile clients. This is a very lucrative product for Broadridge.
• Transmission of NOBO/OBO Lists to various platforms. This product is for very high profile Broadridge clients.
• Creating and maintaining the Omnibus File Transmission system.
• Building an application to identify and raise the visibility of issuers requiring special handling.
Responsible for supporting TCS (The Collections System) and TRS (The Recovery System). While successfully leading a team of application developers, spent approximately 60% of time performing coding assignments. Projects ranged from full life cycle projects adhering to SDLC, through small maintenance tasks and production fixes. TCS and TRS utilized:
• CICS maps and programs, CICS intra- and inter-region links to other CICS applications, Voice Response Units and the three major credit bureaus.
• DB2 and VSAM on-line and batch programming, and VSAM performance tuning.
• NDM and FTP interfaces to and from a variety of server-based applications.
Managed the area of World Wide Securities Services responsible for delivering real-time intra-day cash securities movement messaging and accounting for the Custody and Trust portfolio advisors.
• Utilized COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM and SWIFT messaging to maintain real-time, cross-region links receiving all transactions processed by the trading, settlement and internal and external funds transfer systems.
• Managed a staff of 11 in the design and implementation of HR Management systems used to service over 40,000 Citicorp employees.
• Utilized CICS, COBOL, VSAM, DB2, Tesseract and GUI software to manage the many aspects of an employee's tenure, i.e., new hire/rehire processing, comprehensive payroll calculation and audit through time and attendance tracking, automated employee intra-day corporate transfer, and on-line employee database maintenance
Managed a staff of 12 in the design and implementation of Drexel Burnham Fixed Income Offerings System, which enabled several trading departments to create, maintain and trade the firm's inventory with their national sales force in a real-time environment. Used CICS Inter-Region Communications facilities to exchange information with the firm's main trading systems.
• Designed and implemented an on-line application that transfers Equity Research information from a PC workstation to an MVS on-line system. This system provided intra-day equity research reports and earnings predictions to all DBL trading and sales personnel located in over 40 remote locations.
• Maintained and enhanced Drexel's on-line Branch Information Display System (BIDS), which allowed all areas of the firm to share information.
• Oversaw the rollout of BIDS to all domestic and overseas branches, which required managing the development and delivery of training programs.