Banking professional with over 20 years of overseas experience gained in a multicultural and diverse city Dubai. As a new Permanent Resident in Burnaby, BC I have enrolled with 'CSC-Canadian Securities Course' & intend to pursue further professional academic paths as my career unfolds in Canada. I am open to new banking roles & can join immediately. Actively seeking employment in BC, Canada.
• Retail & Corporate Branch Banking Operations Management, Administration & Customer Service
• Managerial Accounting & Reporting. Strengthening Policies, Procedures & Internal Control Improving Branch Audit profiles in Compliance with AML & Local regulation & in line with Operational Risk assessments. Ensuring Financial Transaction accuracy and mitigate losses/frauds/errors. Experienced front line customer service in a diverse & multi-cultural city. Dual Custodian of Branch Cash, ATM's, Safe Deposit Lockers, Security items & overall branch security & operational efficiency.
• As a Cluster Manager Branch Operations responsible for the overall branch operations of 6 retail branches for Noor Bank and directly reporting to Head Of Branch Operations.
• Direct supervision of all Branch Operations Managers, tellers and all aspects of Branch Operations Management with a team of 20 staff. Resolving escalated customer service matters.
• Overall Branch Cash and Teller Management, Daily bank General ledger, customer transaction and Cash & Cheque monitoring, Accounts & Branch Administration, Remittances, Audit reviews and implementations, updating and drafting SOP's and ensuring transaction processed as per internal Delegation of Authority and limits set.
• Ensure the branch operational procedures and controls achieve high level of compliance and improved audit profiles.
• Staff resource planning, team roaster, annual leaves, staff issues, rotations, appraisals & rating, recruitment/onboarding.
• Conduct KCSA outlined by Operational Risk unit and Surprise Checks in branches not under their direct custody, review the findings & take appropriate action directed in line with Ops Risk & Governance recommendations. Review Monthly Suspense Accounts Reconciliation and submit to Finance Dept. Monthly submissions of all transaction errors and reversal done & Daily Control Function Checks to Internal Control Unit.
• Ad Hoc duties within Branch Operations & Administration.
• Responsible for the Cash in Vault Mgmt & 8 tellers at an high volume at 'A' category branch.
• Branch Outward Clearing ICCS cheque processing, Branch Transactions, Remittance & queries, Branch Administration & IT, Branch accounts & reporting, Branch Security & control, Branch compliance & audit implementations, Miscellaneous Brach operational duties. Branch General Ledger and Profit & Loss monitoring. Prepare Branch Returns & Surprise Balancing of other branches.
• 4 ATM's & 1 CCDM daily machine administration & operations, cash replenishments, settlement of accounting entries & handling ATM dispute cases.
• Responsible to plan, direct and control all activities related to the operations and administration of the branch, including all back office support services to retail and corporate customers.
• Custodian & Authority over Vault & Cash in Treasury and Teller area, Remittance, Cheque Clearing, IT and General Administration, System Security & Control of the branch. Custodian of Bank Security Instruments.
• Facility Inventory and Management & Branch Accounts, Books & Returns. Direct / Control of Business Recovery Plan (BRP), Limits of Authority (LOA), Health, Fire Safety (HSF issues), RHR issues (recruitment, training & approval of leaves of all operational staff).
• Ensure the branch activities relating to internal services and operational issues are as per Bank/group norms, maintaining desired controls, compliance, adherence to policies and procedures & responsible for every back office support issues.
• Achievement. Nominated by Reg.Senior Management and prepared the 'Branch Procedure Manual' on 'ICCS- Image Cheque Clearing System' for all 7 HSBC branches in the UAE, as per the Central Bank initiatives & when ICCS launched in UAE.
• Resolving HUB/IT issue raised by various regional offices relating to various HUB modules or system issues.
• Complex issues escalated to the relevant teams within the Regional HUB/IT unit. Providing various Supports for pre/post/UAT implementation of projects.
Daily scrutiny of Branch Balance Sheets, Operations Managers daily reports and seeking explanations for any variations. Prepare Branch Returns, Surprise Balancing & Administrative functions. Reconciliation and monitor the bank General Ledger, Profit &Loss Accounts, I/E Accounts & Departmental Cost Centre.
Back Office maintenances, correspondence & cross sales of personal Banking products. Front line customer service. Leave Relief Clerk, Corporate Customer Service Representative, Security items delivery counter, Credit Department handling Bill Discounting, Promissory Notes, Post dated cheques & Term Credit Information.