These are difficult times for all of us, and we recognize that many of you may have had your income impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. At Jobmote, we want you to know that we've got your back.
That's why, effective immediately, we're offering everyone a completely free featured resume profile.
Just click Create a Profile in the menu above, then sign up using your LinkedIn, Facebook, or email. You'll be able to upload your resume, detail your work history, and even add a picture if you'd like.
Thank you for visiting Jobmote today, and we hope you take advantage of this free resource.
● Worked collection module for accounts with last names A-G.
● Made calls throughout the day to collect outstanding balances. Set up payment arrangements for these balances
if unable to pay. Mailed pink pre-collection letters with payment plan attached for balance greater than $200.00.
● Applied self-pay discounts, wrote off small balances, bad debts, and any balances per office managers request.
● Sent AR forms to our AR dept to review accounts if claim was never filed.
● Deleted invoices in children's name from their account; attach to the parent and resolve the child's account from the collection module.
● Helped customer service answer phones and assisted patients with questions concerning their accounts.
● Verified patient's insurance benefits for their upcoming procedures.
● Initially responsible for twelve surgical facilities; restructured the self-pay accounts working with four facilities.
● Made calls throughout the day to collect bad debt. Scheduled payment arrangements and sent accounts to Transworld Systems, an outside collection agency, for pre-collections and final collections if the patient was
unable to pay.
● Printed collection reports for patients that are ready for final collections and made one last attempt to collect
debt before sent to the final stage of collections.
● Prepared paperwork for bad debt write-offs and scanned to facility administrator for anything over
$500.00 for write-off approval; accounts below $500.00 were given to supervisor to write-off bad debt.
● Reported payments to collection agency. Answered phones and assisted patients with questions concerning their
Winter Park, FL
Insurance Verification/Accounts Payable/Self-Pay and Bad Debt Collector 02/07 to 01/13
● Verified patient's insurance benefits a week prior for their upcoming procedures. Coordinated with the doctor's
office to obtain precertification or authorization if needed.
● Called patients to go over insurance benefits and informed them of amount due at time of check in.
● Matched up vendor invoices with Purchase Orders and entered the invoice information into Smart System for
● Printed reports for patient accounts that have an outstanding balance; reviewed all self-pay accounts over 90
● Called patients to go over their outstanding balances. Made payment arrangements and sent accounts to Transworld Systems for non-paying accounts.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (continued)
Medical Records/Patient Collections 02/02 to 02/07
● Verified and updated information in the database for accuracy.
● Efficiently performed insurance verification and coordinated with doctors' offices for pre-certification and pre-
authorization for scheduled procedure. Informed patients of their financial responsibilities prior to services
● Matched up Purchase Orders to accounts payable invoices. Coordinated approval of all accounts payable
invoices to be paid. Processed invoice payments through Smart System for payment. Communicated with medical transcriptionists regarding patient medical records. Retrieved physician correspondence from dictation
service and made edits when necessary. Organized and maintained patient charts to ensure HIPAA compliance.
● Called patients to collect outstanding balances on their accounts and worked out payment plans; sent patient
accounts to outside collection agencies.
● Scheduled MRI's and CT scans for patients.
● Confirmed patient information and verified insurance. Completed registration quickly and cordially for all new
patients. Checked patients in for their procedures.
● Informed patients of their financial responsibilities prior to services being rendered. Collected co-pays and deductibles at time of patient check in.