ServiceNow Architect - Contract to Hire - $130-140k Annually
100% remote - office in Jax FL
Responsible for designing, data integration, and developing a comprehensive understanding of current implementations of web application standards. Ensures mapping of existing applications to data sources occurs and identifies problematic data issues.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides design recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy.
- Develops application and custom integration solutions, generally for one business segment; solutions include enhancements and interfaces, functions and features.
- Uses a variety of platforms to provide automated systems applications to customers.
- Provides solid knowledge and skill regarding the integration of applications across the business segment.
- Determines specifications, then plans, designs and develops moderately complex software solutions, utilizing appropriate software engineering processes - either individually or in concert with project team.
- Will assist in resolving support problems.
- Recommends programming and development standards and procedures and programming architectures for code reuse.
- Has solid knowledge of state-of-the art programming languages and object-oriented approaches in designing, coding, testing and debugging programs.
- Understands and consistently applies the attributes and processes of current application development methodologies.
- Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the business.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Experience CSS, JSON, REST, PaaS, ServiceNow Development (3-5 years), ServiceNow Design (3-5 years), ServiceNow Integrations (LDAP), PowerShell
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
- May require a thorough understanding of design patterns and their application
- May require a thorough understanding of Model-View-Controller design patterns for web applications
- May require a fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
Expert professional role. Works independently on many information technology projects frequently as a project leader and subject matter expert. Works on large, complex architecture issues or projects that require increased skill in multiple IT functional areas. Requires extensive knowledge of architecture issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms. May manage or serve as a project leader for information technology projects or the applications architecture components of projects. Must have extensive knowledge of applications architecture. May coach more junior staff. Typically requires twelve (12) or more years of experience in information technology with at least eight (8) years of experience working in applications architect