We are seeking individuals to join our team who have high standards and a desire to positively impact the lives of others.Summary:
The Child and Family Specialist (CFS) is an Intensive Home Based Service (IHBS) provider who is a member of the Intensive Services team. The CFS operates from a strengths-based, family-centered, team-driven, community-based perspective. The CFS will practice solution-focused problem solving. The CFS assists the child and family in the home, school, and community by providing a variety of supportive and case management services, some of which may include mentoring, coaching, behavioral support, education, transportation or other services that address the family's needs. The CFS maintains a close and supportive relationship with the child, the family, educational personnel, program staff, and any others who may be involved with the youth. The CFS provides family and community support systems with education and support, as necessary, in carrying out the Intensive Services process. The CFS supports program adherence to the County contract.
The CFS must possess sensitivity to family culture, values and beliefs, and operate from a family- centered, strengths-based perspective. The CFS needs to enjoy working with youth and be able to work as a member of a team. This position requires the ability to be flexible, demonstrate good judgment and maintain a positive attitude in difficult situations.Position Location:
North Hills, CASalary Range:
$16.50 up to $20.00 per hour
Additional $1.00 per hour bilingual Spanish differential.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in the social services or related field, 6 months experience working with children or 24 units of post-graduate studies in social services field.
- Or Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in a non-related field and 2 years' experience working with children and/or families.
- Or two years college and three years of experience working with children and/or families.
- Or four years of experience working with children and/or families.
- If lacking paid experience, volunteer and/or personal experience as a child in the foster care system will be considered.
- Bilingual Spanish Required.
- Valid California driver's license; current automobile insurance; have and maintain a clean driving record acceptable to the organization's insurance company; have immediate access to his or her vehicle during work hours.