USA MD College Park|Any Location / RemoteFull Part/Time:
Full timeJob Req:
RQ57510Type of Requisition:
RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability RequiredPublic Trust/Other Required:
NACLC (T3)Job Family:
Network EngineeringJob Description:
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. Our work depends on a Senior Network Engineer with HPC experience joining our team to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Weather and Climate Operational Supercomputer System (WCOSS). This position is 100% remote.
WCOSS provides NOAA the operational High Performance Computing (HPC) resources essential to process sophisticated numerical models used to predict and understand atmospheric and oceanic phenomena for weather and climate operational use. Operating 24/7, the next 10-year WCOSS program will deliver significant computational capability that will evolve over time to keep pace with NOAA's growing environmental modeling needs.
We are looking for individuals to join GDIT's team to deploy, operate and support leading-edge technology for WCOSS.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity.In this role, a typical day will include:
- Managing the installation and support of network communications, including HPC scale LAN systems.
- Working on complex problems where analysis of the situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Planning large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Monitoring and responding to complex technical control HPC communication problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Providing primary interface with vendor support service groups, and providing internal analysis and support to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- May provide LAN server support.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 8+ years of experience, including experience in all phases of HPC/LAN administration.
- Experience working in a 24X7 operational environment.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Extensive knowledge of HPC/LAN communications hardware/software in a multi-protocol environment and network management software.
Discover more at www.gdit.com/careers
#GDITpriorityScheduled Weekly Hours:
NoneT elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting 100%Work Location:
USA MD College ParkAdditional Work Locations:
Any Location / Remote
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associated topics: 5g, antenna, avaya, electrical engineer, hardware, infrastructure, network, network engineer, nortel, radio