Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world. In the last four years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
We are looking for senior Drupal developers to be responsible for front-end development and theming. This position requires a combination of programming skills (PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, etc.) and aesthetics (understanding element arrangements on the screen, the color and font choices, and so on). The best candidates will have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred. In addition, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge, is preferred.
By joining the Toptal network, you’ll have the opportunity to work on many client projects, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500s, with teams of highly skilled experts from around the world.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Freedom to choose your own schedule and choose from a variety of hourly, part-time, and full-time projects.
- The ability to work from wherever you want. Whether you prefer traveling and working from exotic beaches or spending time with your family and working from home, the choice is yours.
- Access to a thriving, collaborative community of talented peers.
- Invitations to frequent Toptal events going on around the world, including dinners, tech talks, conferences, and more.
- Extremely competitive compensation.
- Formulate effective, responsive designs and turn them into working themes.
- Work closely with back-end developers and customers to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation.
- Design and implement new features and functionalities, including establishing and guiding the website’s architecture to ensure high performance and availability.
- Manage all technical aspects of the CMS, and work closely with front-end developers and stakeholders to ensure visually appealing and intuitive implementations.
- Handle custom Drupal programming and web application development needs, including maintaining and extending Drupal modules and sites.
- Integrate open source and third-party applications into existing systems as needed.
- Assess client requirements and convert needs into an elegant, intuitive architecture that meets Drupal best practices.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Strong experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Experience developing web solutions in Drupal and PHP implementations in a LAMP environment.
- Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture.
- Advanced site-building experience, including deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views, and Panels.
- Experience creating custom Drupal modules, working with key contributed modules, and making use of the core API.
- Deep knowledge of PHP, PHP files and theme functions, and the Drupal theme layer.
- Through understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile or iterative SDLCs.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.